HBB updated to v0.3.9

31 August 2010 (v0.3.9)

• Fixed bug with HBB calculating the wrong free space
  • Fixed bug with USB running HBB when HBB wasn’t installed on SD card
  • Added support for HBC Themes (go to Settings -> Repo then select HBC Themes and restart HBB)
  • Enabled a setting to use Wiimote like GC controller
  • Enabled a setting to disable the character in the menu (if he freaks you out!)
  • Updated the HBB updated applications window to allow more space
  • Raised timeout for homebrew list
  • Compiled with devkitPPC 21, libogc SVN and libfat SVN

The Homebrew Browser has been upgraded to v0.3.9. This version was released earlier to deal with IOS58 USB issues, some users have tested this version out and report their USB device mounts fine now and also for HBC Themes support. To access HBC Themes, you’ll need to go to the settings in HBB in page 3 select Use Other Repositories, choose HBC Themes and reboot HBB.

Apart from that just your standard bug fixes, finally fixed that free space calculation for >4GB devices or so I hope. Two more settings have been added, one allows you to use the Wiimote as a GameCube Controller (i.e. sideways & no IR) and the other to disable that guy who’s watching you in the HBB Menu ;) as per a user request.

Download HBB v0.3.9 or run HBB on your Wii to update

22 Responses to “HBB updated to v0.3.9”

1. beredezebe says:

Link don’t work…

2. murdoch says:

Exception (DSI) occured!

Trying to run the UNO game.

• teknecal says:

Try to re-install the game if you can.

• bezem says:

I had an issue with the Uno game too, so please advise if re-downloading it resolves that issue. Otherwise I have a feeling it is simply out-dated, since an actual WiiWare Uno came out. This aside, thanks again for a great HBB update teknecal!

3. Suspense says:

Good work teknecal :)

4. Chris says:

Great work! I’ve been using HBB for a while now and it is getting better with each new version. There is just one thing I don’t understand: When installing multiple applications, why doesn’t HBB start downloading the next application while extracting the current one? That way installing / updating multiple applications could be a lot faster.

5. dozenuts says:

I just updated to 0.3.9 and the Homebrew Channel brings up the “loading” bar for the HBB and it hangs at 2%. I have to hard reset my Wii to recover.

I didn’t see this as a reported issue in the help file, so I’m curious if anyone else has seen this or if there is a solution?

6. ER says:

Thanks for all your hard work, first of all. But, I have ensured my DNS settings are correct, made sure the correct ports are opened, have manually installed HBB, and have tried 2 different SD cards.

After the “…of http://www.CodeMii.com successfully retrieved,” I get a “Read error -166. Retrying…” It continues to retry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7. ER says:

Nevermind, upgrade to 0.3.9a fixed it somehow.

8. Connie says:

I changed the setting within my homebrew browser. I chose to use other repositories but can’t get anywhere with it. I would like to change back so that I may use it as I normally did. How do I go about this?

• teknecal says:

You press the home button, then click settings, press the right arrow until you find the “Use Other Repositories” setting and turn that to off (X) then restart the homebrew browser.

9. Ste says:

hello, I have a problem with earlier versions. in this when I start lhbb crashes when configuring the ip or crashes in earlier versions at one point and are forced to leave …
    help me

10. Andrew says:

My HBB has failed me….

11. fratbisket says:

it kkeps saying “read error -6 retrying…” and it does it over and over again, and all websines have -116, but not -6. HELP ME!!

12. Tameka says:

linstalled hbb for the first time (4.1u) and I get exception dsi occurred. and frozen screen? What am I doing wrong?

13. Nick says:

After the “…of http://www.CodeMii.com successfully retrieved,” I get a “Read error -166. Retrying…” It continues to retry. I can’t find anything on the internet to fix this and updating did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

14. Nick says:

I keep getting error code 166 right after http://www.codemii.com successfully found. And even though I update it, it keeps asking me to update it and it still doesn’t work.

15. Nick says:

i just got this version and i won’t let me do anything after it says new update and now i’m really peeved