I haven’t really had much time to work on updating the Homebrew Browser, but am hoping to perform the following changes to it:
1. When deleting applications, delete all files in the directory being deleted: Right now only the files that are downloaded are deleted which sometimes leads to some applications been unable to be deleted. This is because some applications have a configuration file or a save file. In this version of the HBB, the HBB will do a directory listing on the folders and remove each file listed. [Completed]
2. Fix or change the way the IR cursor works. I believe that there is some code from Wil’s Solitare game that should be able to help me to fix the IR correction issue. If that code doesn’t help then I’ll put the IR correction option elsewhere. [Completed]
3. The D-pad left and right will control the categories. [Completed]
4. Put some information about this website and the Wii message notifications that you can sign up for. [Completed]
5. Make loading HBB even faster by downloading images in real time. This means at the start you will still see the black screen, but only until it downloads the homebrew list. It will then load the graphical interface and proceed to download the first 6 images. If you decide to change categories or change pages, it will download the new 6 images which will be displayed. Images will still be cached as usual. [Completed]
There is a bug in v0.2.1b which either gives you a code dump or corrupted images when loading HBB for the very first time. I haven’t been able to find the reason of this bug, but it does seem to happen when you download a certain number of images. This bug is currently present in this v0.2.2 development version and only will occur if you view all the games, emulators and media categories and then try to view the utilities category it kicks you back to the HBC.