As you may have read, unofficial emulators will be coming to the Homebrew Browser in a short while. I’m hoping to have most of them put up by the end of the weekend. Adding a game into the Homebrew Browser is a long process which I might mention now while I’m at it.
- Download and extract the applications zip file
- Create a meta.xml file that makes sense which most of the times will have the applications history
- Create or copy the icon.png file
- Create an image file, this involves inserting the date, version, description and icon.png file
- Test out the application to make sure it works and that the description is shown in the HBC
- Add the application to the hbb list, which involves adding the application name, current time + 48 hrs, image file size, boot.dol/elf file size, is it a dol or elf, total application size, folders to be created and additional files to copy.
- Test out downloading the application in HBB by using a local server.
So once you add it all up, it sure does take a while to get an application into the HBB.